You better be prepared with a hearty breakfast! Luckily, I had the ingredients and enough time to throw together an easy casserole last night. I apologize for the awful pictures. For now, most food pictures will be taken from an iPhone until I get a better camera and lighting!
4 cups of white bread, cubed
1.5 cups of shredded cheddar
10 eggs, beaten
4 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1.5 tsp ground mustard
1 cup of chopped vegetables of your choice
1 lb. pork bulk sausage (you can also substitute bacon or ham)
1. Brown meat in saucepan or skillet
2. Grease a 9" x 13" pyrex dish or other baking dish/pan.
3. Place bread cubes along bottom of the pan and spread cheese evenly.
4. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk and seasonings.
5. Pour contents evenly over bread and cheese.
6. Next, layer meat and veggies. I like to use portabella mushrooms and tomatoes but other ideas include: bell peppers, onions, broccoli, etc.
7. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
8. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
9. Bake for one hour uncovered or until casserole is lightly browned.