Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Definition of Cabin Fever


"Cabin fever is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in, in a small space, with nothing to do, for an extended period (as in a simple country vacation cottage during a long rain or snow). Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, irrational frustration with everyday objects, forgetfulness, laughter, excessive sleeping, distrust of anyone they are with, and an urge to go outside even in the rain, snow or dark. " - Wikipedia



I'll leave you with this and maybe just maybe I'll come back with a recipe later. Last night, I made Chicken Cacciatore Risotto. While the flavor and texture were good, It reminded me why I don't normally cook risotto. It takes time and a good amount of patience since it needs constant attention to come out just right! But, I did enjoy a nice inexpensive wine last night, Black Mountain Vineyard 2009 Pinot Noir. Stop looking at me like that, I had to open the bottle because red wine was needed in the risotto.

No comments: