Saturday, January 15, 2011

Neiman Marcus...Not Just For Fabulous Shoes and Clothes

Today I have a sweet tooth so I thought I'd share a cookie recipe. You may have seen this before as part of one of those chain emails that tends to make their way around. I think this is probably a myth but either way, it produces some damn good cookies.

Neiman Marcus Cookies
 (I usually halve this recipe since it makes a TON of cookies)
Ingredients:
2 cups butter
24 oz. Chocolate chips
4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 cups sugar
1 8oz. Hershey bar (grated)
5 cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp Baking powder
2 tsp Vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar, and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments: