Friday, January 21, 2011

Cheesy Sour Cream Herb Chicken

Cheesy Chicken is a great weeknight meal because it requires few ingredients and is so simple to make. It also made my house smell wonderful. I served it with pan-fried zucchini.  For whatever reason, I usually have an aversion to cooking chicken at home. Raw chicken grosses me out and I'm not a huge chicken fan altogether. However, this meal passed the test for me. This recipe was passed on to me from an old family friend who knows her way around the kitchen,  Mrs. Lehman. (Thank you!)



Cheesy Sour Cream Herb Chicken


Ingredients:
1.5 cups dry herb seasoned stuffing (like Pepperidge Farm)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup (l/2 stick) melted butter
1/4 cup sour cream
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine stuffing, cheese and butter. Stir well to combine and moisten, breaking up any large stuffing pieces. Transfer to a plate, or pie pan.
Lightly spread sour cream over chicken and coat with stuffing mixture, pressing well to adhere. Place on a lightly oiled, foil lined baking dish. Put any extra mixture on top of the chicken. Bake about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through
I usually just grease a pan and not use the foil. If you are using any more than four pieces of chicken you will have to double the recipe .

No comments: