Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Little Latin Taste

Perhaps it was my early morning Zumba class that inspired me but I was feeling the Latin love yesterday. So I decided to make up a slow cooker dish with a little inspiration from a recipe I found in my collection. This was pretty easy and had great flavor. In all my excitement (or actually we were STARVING) I didn't take a picture.

Slow Cooked Chimichurri-Style Brisket
Serves 2

Ingredients:
 4 small garlic cloves, minced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
1 1/2 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
coarse salt
freshly ground pepper
1.5 lb local grass-fed brisket

Steps:

Using a blender or an emulsion blender,  pulse the garlic, onions, and vinegar together until mostly smooth.  Next, add the oil and blend. Lastly, blend in the sugar, cilantro, salt, and pepper.  Save approx. 1/2 cup to use as sauce later. 

Place the brisket in the slow cooker. Pour remaining sauce to cover meat. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.  While the meat certainly does not need sauce to be flavorful, you may wish to drizzle with reserved sauce or spoon out liquid from the slow cooker. 

No comments: