Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pork Stew Verde

My husband liked this meal better than I did though I did enjoy it. I just felt that it could have been a tad spicier. Maybe next time I will user hotter peppers.

 Pork Stew Verde


Ingredients:

1/8 cup flour
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground sage
3 tablespoons canola oil 

2 pounds pork loin roast or pork stew meat
2 tablespoons wine or vinegar
1 and 1 half large onions,  chopped
4 small potatoes, peeled
2 cups tomatillo/verde salsa
2 cans  chopped green chiles
2 cups chicken broth

1 teaspoon brown sugar

Steps:

Combine flour, cumin, pepper, salt, and sage in a shallow dish or pan; add pork and coat thoroughly.

Brown pork in hot oil; remove when browned and set aside.

With heat still on, add the wine or vinegar to the skillet, scraping up brown bits.

Place onions, potatoes, salsa, chicken broth, brown sugar, pork, and scraped bits from the skillet in the slow cooker.

Stir ,cover, and cook on high 5 hours or low for 8 hours.






BEER ME!




I picked up this nice summer brew at Total Wine on my last wine run. I had heard about it from friends that are from New Orleans and swear by it. This is the perfect summer beer! It's light and refreshing. The strawberry is so subtle while you are drinking it and then leaves you with the berry after taste and not in the nasty way that a lot of flavored beers do. However, my husband was not a fan. His verdict: "It tastes like cheap beer." He wasn't completely wrong. I think when it first hits your tongue, it tastes like a Miller or Budweiser beer but it leaves you with something so much better.

No comments: