Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Feeling Like Some Chinese?

This dish usually hits the spot for me with it's sweet and savoriness. I've been making it for years. It's actually an old Weight Watchers recipe. So those watching your figures, don't fret too much about eating this one. I think each serving is 7 points if I remember correctly. I didn't actually do the diet, I just borrowed some recipes. I'm not a big fan of diets in general. People pretty much always gain the weight back. I think it's more about lifestyle changes (eating healthier and exercising) if you want to keep it off.

I served this in a bowl over brown rice.

Chinese-Pineapple Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
(Source: Weight Watchers)



Ingredients:
 cooking spray
4  scallions, chopped (green and white parts)
1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, chopped or the minced kind in the jar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
20 oz canned pineapple chunks or tidbits, packed in juice, 
1/4 cup black bean garlic sauce
Cornstarch (optional)
2 cup cooked brown rice

Steps:

  1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions, ginger and garlic; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on all sides, stirring often.

  2. Add pineapple (with its juice) and black bean sauce to skillet; bring to a simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes more. The sauce will be thin. If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can add about a Tbsp of cornstarch to the pan and let it thicken. Serve over rice.

No comments: