Stop scrunching up your nose, haven't you heard the phrase "Don't knock it til you try it?" Maybe it's because I am actually a tofu fan, but I thought it was pretty decent. I didn't miss the ricotta cheese or meat at all. (The tofu replaced the ricotta.) Tofu can take on almost any flavor or consistency depending on how you prepare it. It's awesome like that.
Spinach Tofu Lasagna
This picture was taken right out of the oven so it will look a tad different once you let it set. Also please excuse the messy stove. Deep cleaning day is tomorrow :) Do you like my William Sonoma Easter plates? My mom got them for me. She also got matching mugs to go with them. Isn't she cute?!
1 lb. firm tofu, drained
1 jar sun-dried tomato pasta sauce
9 no-cook lasagna noodles
1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
5 oz. fresh spinach leaves
6-7 slices of mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Using your hands, crumble the tofu into a bowl and set aside. Watch out, it is SO cold on your hands kind of like when you mix up ground beef to make meatballs/meatloaf.
3) Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce in a baking dish. Spread evenly. Add a layer of the noodles. Then add 1/2 cup of tofu sprinkled with some of the seasoning and finish with the spinach on top. Repeat this step until you have used up your noodles/filling. Try to end with the noodles and sauce on top. Press down the layers.
4) Pour any remaining sauce over the top.
5) Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
6) Pull out the lasagna and remove foil. Top with cheese slices and bake for another 5 minutes.
7) Let sit for 5 minutes out of the oven before serving.