Hopefully everyone had a nice weekend and enjoyed the great weather after those terrible storms. I have a couple of wines to report on... Over the weekend, we opened one of the wines we ordered on our Sonoma trip, Robert Young Scion. It was a treat for my taste buds for sure! We enjoyed it on it's own but it would also be great with a meaty dinner.
(2 Servings for small eaters, 1 for big eaters)
2 chicken cutlets
freshly ground pepper
nonstick cooking spray
2 Tbsp of canola or veg. oil
1/4 c white wine
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 c chicken stock
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 lemon, sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp butter
1) Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2) Pour flour in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken through it to coat and then shake off the excess.
3) Spray a pan with cooking spray, add oil and turn on to medium-high heat.
4) Cook cutlets 4-5 minutes on each side or until slightly golden. Transfer chicken to another pan on low heat.
5) Add wine and garlic to original pan to deglaze. Cook 2-3 minutes.
6) Add stock and lemon juice. Place chicken back into the pan to cook with sauce (one minute on each side.) Transfer chicken to plates.
7) Add the butter and parsley to the sauce. Cook until melted before pouring over the chicken and serving.