Paninis aren't just for lunch. They also make filling dinners. Sometimes a little too filling since I put too much cheese in mine. But you can adjust to your taste. As for the pesto, homemade is always good but store bought works just as well.
Italian Pesto Panini
Makes 2 paninis
4 slices of bread (I used Sourdough)
1 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup diced tomatoes
Red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup pesto
6 oz. fresh mozzarella ball, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Warm oil in pan over medium-high heat.
2. Saute tomatoes about 3 minutes. Throw in a dash of red pepper.
3. Place pan aside and add vinegar. Mix.
4. Brush olive oil on one side of each slice. On the other side, spread pesto. Place cheese and tomatoes on top of pesto. Season. Top each slice.
5. Toast panini using a panini press or skillet. When it's toasted, you will see light grill marks and cheese will be melted.