Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Bachelor's Dinner

The reason for the title of this post is that I had a couple friends (my bachelor friends) tell me that some of my recipes were a little too advanced for them and they want something they can easily prepare with not much cooking required. So, I give you a recipe for Chicken Pot Pie:

Chicken Pot Pie



1 pack of refrigerated pie crusts (make sure there are two in there since you need them both)
2 cups of rotisserie chicken 
1 cup of frozen mixed veggies
1 can of Campbells's Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup of milk
  

Steps:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unroll one pie crust and form on the bottom of an oven-safe pie plate/pan.

Pull apart the chicken, remove skin and chop up the chicken pieces.

Next, mix the chicken, milk, soup, and veggies in a large bowl. Pour everything onto the pie crust and spread evenly.

Unroll the second pie crust and place over the top of the pie. Pinch the edges of the pie (top crust and bottom crust) together all the way around the pie plate. I slacked a little on this step and while it was tasty, you can see where some of the filling seeped out.

Use a fork to make holes in the top crust to vent the pie. You can also use this step to make pretty designs in your pie :-). Bake in oven for 35 minutes. You may need to pull the pie out halfway through the cooking time to cover the crust with foil so that it doesn't burn. Cool on rack before serving. Enjoy!

You really don't need wine with chicken pot pie. In fact, I see beer as a better compliment if you need a drink. But, there are just some days when you need your wine. So, I served it with a Cabernet Sauvignon. This was actually an accident since I thought I bought the Pinot Noir but the wine was good either way!

No comments: