Monday, July 18, 2011

Ancho-Rubbed Steaks

For those that check my blog on a regular basis, you may have noticed that my posting has become less frequent. To be honest, I have become disenchanted with the whole blogging thing. But, "C'est la vie." It's hard to come up with fun blog posts on the spot when I feel like posting a new recipe. It's also a lot more lonely than I thought it would be. However, I do still want to share recipes for anyone that is interested and also to have a place where they are organized for my own benefit. So I will continue to post for now.


This was an especially easy recipe. The spices add a slight kick to your steak but aren't spicy enough to scare away those who fear the hotness. I served it with the corn from this blog post. We also opened up our Zinfandel from Harvest Moon. You know from this trip.  It was sooo good. I usually think of Zinfandels as being spicy but this felt really light almost like a Pinot Noir.

Ancho-Rubbed Steaks

Ingredients:

2 NY Strip or Ribeye Steaks
Fresh lime, squeezed
Kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp. Ancho chile powder  

Steps:
1) Get your grill started
2)  Spread lime juice evenly over one side of the steaks. Then, season with salt.
3) In a small bowl, combine pepper, cinnamon, allspice, and chile powder. Use mixture to season steaks on the side with lime juice and salt. 
4) Let the steaks sit for about 15 minutes.
5) Grill the steaks starting with the seasoned side down and then flip until it reaches desired doneness.

No comments: