I'm not usually into salads for dinner unless they are a side item. But an entree-type salad like this can sometimes hit the spot. This one was pretty good. It was also quick and easy to prepare.
Almond- Crusted Chicken Salad w/ Teriyaki Dressing
1/2 lb. chicken tenders, uncooked
1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce (I like to use Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce. I've seen it at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (found in the Asian section of your grocery store)
1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
mixed salad greens
1 small can mandarin oranges
1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest
1/8 cup teriyaki sauce
1 Tbsp honey (I used a mix of Tupelo and Wildflower types. This is up to your preference)
1 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Season chicken with pepper.
2. Mix egg with teriyaki sauce. Pour flour into a separate dish. In a third dish, mix almonds and crumbs.
3. Dredge chicken in flour. Next, dip chicken through the egg mixture before coating in the almonds/crumbs.
4. In a large pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for approximately 12 minutes flipping half way through.
5. Serve tenders over lettuce mixed with orange sections. Pour dressing over.
Whisk all ingredients together.