Thursday, June 30, 2011

Whole Wheat Bow-tie Pasta with Mushroom Cream Sauce

I have seen really similar recipes for this type of dish all over the interwebs but this one was inspired by something I saw in the AJC. It was quite delicious. Even though it's a creamy sauce, it actually felt kind of light or maybe I was just light-handed with the sauce. Also, if you make this, don't base it off of my picture. I only had half the amount of mushrooms in my package so ideally it would normally have a lot more mushrooms in it.

Whole Wheat Bow-Ties with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Makes 4 servings

  Ingredients:
8 oz. uncooked whole wheat bow-tie pasta
1/2 tablespoon butter
6 oz. wild mushroom blend
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8ish cup dry white wine (I used Pinot Gris)
1/3 cup heavy cream or half and half
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley


Steps:
1. Cook pasta according to directions on the package.

2. While pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, shallots, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Cook until liquid evaporates.

3. Add wine and stir until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.

4. Toss veggies with cream, pasta, cheese, remaining salt and parsley. Serve warm.

No comments: