Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More BBQ

This is a another really easy recipe and it's for slow-cooked barbecue. I have to get it in before summer is completely over! For the same reason, I made a corn dish with this meal. I have tried a few slow cooker barbecue recipes but I think this is one of the better ones. I made less than half the amount in the recipe for two people.  With a side, it was enough. 

Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork


3-3 1/2 lb. boneless pork shoulder/butt
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 white onion, chopped
2/3 cup worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp white or cider vinegar
2 Tbsp yellow mustard

Mix all ingredients except for pork in a slow cooker/crockpot. Add pork and turn to coat with mixture. Cook on low for 9 hours.  Shred the pork with a fork and return to the slow cooker to mix with the sauce. Serve with your favorite bbq sauce or on a bun. 

2 comments:

Franklin said...

I made 4 lb yesterday and it turned out great! I had it on a bun with BBQ sauce and some Tabasco. I started it at 11, so around 6am the smell woke me up :)
Thanks!

vinointhekitchen said...

Yum! I like the addition of Tabasco!