Friday, March 25, 2011

Chocolatey Goodness With Omega-3s!

Last night, I made a veggie quiche for dinner. It was a super easy recipe but I decided not to post it. To be honest, I'm not quite certain who my audience is and I'm afraid that some of my recent recipes might bore some of you. However, I am happy to share it if you are interested so just let me know. I will leave you with just a picture. Instead, I will share the recipe for the tasty treats I made today.


These cookies are so yummy! I like to think they are a little bit healthier since I used a butter substitute but either way they definitely take care of my chocolate fix. They have a touch of peanut butter in them so if you are allergic to peanuts, these are not for you. But if you just aren't crazy about PB, I think you will still like them since the peanut butter is so subtle.

Brownie Cookies w/ PB
Makes 2-3 dozen depending on size




Ingredients:

1 Smart Balance Omega-3 Butter Stick
7-8 oz. peanut butter and chocolate chip mixture
4.5 oz. dark chocolate bar, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Steps:

1) Microwave half the butter stick with the chocolates until melted.
2) Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt in a separate bowl. (See, there is a use for that sifter you received as a wedding gift besides making cupcakes!)
3) Using a kitchen-aid mixer or hand-held mixer, beat the remaining butter with the sugars. Next, slowly add in the chocolate-butter mixture. When combined, start to stir in the flour mixture.
4) Refrigerate batter for 1 and 1 half hours.
5) Preheat oven to 350.
6) Scoop batter in spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
7) Bake each batch for 10-11 minutes.  Cool on cooling rack.

No comments: